Google

google-site-verification: google2cff57cc8c253071.html

Sunday, October 6, 2019

When is Communion not Communion or Is This Just Another Jesus?



       Image result for Lord's supper          Image result for afikomen

I am ashamed to say I copied the first picture off of a Baptist website. I was surprised at the leavened bread. This was not what motivated me though. I've been trying to attend church again. Today, after ten weeks, they said they were going to have communion. But what they had was not, it was another Jesus. Puffed up with pride, never pierced, bruised or broken. Not my Jesus. Not my Yeshua. Paul teaches us about Passover and the Mini-Passover which many call the Lord's Supper:

1 Corinthians 10:16b "The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?"

Which points us directly to the Passover Yeshua shared with his disciples:

1 Corinthians 11:24 "And when he had given thanks, he brake it,.and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

Deuteronomy 16:3 "Thou shalt eat no leavened bread with it; seven days shall you eat unleavened bread therewith, even the bread of affliction; for you came forth out of the land of Egypt in haste: that you may remember the day when you came forth out of the land of Egypt all the days of your life."

This bread broken was unleavened matzah called the Afikomen.  A Greek name in a Hebrew meal. It means "He who comes later", and is loosely translated as "dessert". During the meal it is taken from a three-pocketed pouch, where three matzah squares represent Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. The Middle Matzah is chosen.  Isaac, the Son of Promise, the only-begotten, the one whom God would perform His covenant through. The one offered as a sacrifice to God. A type of Messiah. This matzah is chosen and broken into two pieces. The larger one is taken and wrapped in a linen napkin and hidden until the end of the meal. The smaller one, called the Bread of Affliction is shared by all. At the end of the meal the children are sent to find the wrapped matzah. The one who finds it presents it to the father and he gives the child a reward. After the meal the father takes the matzah and hides it again in the attic, or the highest place in the house.

Now I can ask any small child this question and they will see what many mature adult believers do not:

Picture No. 1 shows a puffed up (vain) leavened loaf, very attractive and inviting.
Picture No. 2 shows a cracker style bread, pierced, bruised and soon to be broken.

Which one reminds you of Yeshua?

2 Corinthians 11:1-4

Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me.

For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

For if he that comes preaches another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if you receive another spirit, which you have not received, or another gospel, which you have not accepted, you might well bear with him.

And again: 1 Corinthians 5:7 "Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us"

Do I think the leadership at this church is Anti-Semitic? No. I think they are unknowledgable of their Hebraic Heritage. Maybe that's why I'm there. To restore the old ways.

Isaiah 58:12 "And they that shall be of you shall build the old waste places: You shall raise up the foundations of many generations; and you shall be called, The Repairer of the Breach, The Restorer of paths to dwell in."

Amen!!


No comments:

Post a Comment