Google

google-site-verification: google2cff57cc8c253071.html

Thursday, September 19, 2019

Truth or Theology? Part One



                                      Image result for ancient greek scholars



I once was, like some of you, of the opinion that to be used of Yah you had to be a college educated, seminary trained and licensed minister of God. I could not have been further from the truth. I am not going to get into the origins of Systematic Theology, but I can tell you this: It smacks of Rome! What do I mean by that? It has to do with the difference between the Eastern Mind and the Western Mind. Simply put, Western thinking is Abstract, "all up in the head". It exists because you thought of it. Eastern thinking is called Concrete, it exists because I can touch it, feel it, smell it, see it. (Otherwise it is in the Faith realm, but I digress.) Paul tells us in his first letter to the Corinthians:

"For I will destroy the wisdom of the wise and the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate" which quotes Isaiah 29:14, here in a fuller context:

"Therefore, behold, I will again do an extraordinary/surpassing work (Alef-Tav) among the people:
This extraordinary/surpassing work and a wonder--for shall perish the wisdom of the wise, and the understanding of the understanding, shall be concealed."

The point is that understanding of scripture comes from Yah's Holy Spirit, not learning of itself. In fact the Apostle John said:

"But the anointing which you have received of him abides in you, and you need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teaches you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it has taught you, you shall abide in him."

So what is the point of this blog? To present Truth, spiritual food, and the "eating of it" is done by revelation given to you by the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment